Job Interview Questions About You
Job Interview Questions About the New Job and the Company
17. What interests you about this job? – Best Answers
18. Why do you want this job? – Best Answers
19. What applicable attributes / experience do you have? – When you are asked questions related to the experience that qualifies you for the job, it’s important to be very specific about your skills and experience.
Best Answer: The best way to respond is to describe your responsiblilities in detail and to connect them to the job you are interviewing for. Tie your responsibilities in with those listed in the job description for the new position. That way, the employer will see that you have the qualifications necessary to do the job. Focus most on your responsibilities that are directly related to the new job’s requirements. It’s also important to be honest and accurate. Don’t embellish your job, because you don’t know who the hiring manager will be checking with when they check your references.
20. What can you do for this company? – A typical interview question to discover what assets you have that are specific to the company’s goals is “What can you do for this company?” First of all, be sure to have researched the company prior to the interview, so you are familiar with the company’s mission.
Best Answer: Respond by giving examples why your education, skills, accomplishments, and experience will make you an asset for the employer. Take a few moments to compare your goals with objectives of the company and the position, as well as mentioning what you have accomplished in your other jobs. Be positive and reiterate your interest in the company, as well as the job.
21. Why should we hire you/Why are you the best person for the job? – A typical interview question, asked to get your opinion, or to validate the interviewer’s opinion, on why you would be the best candidate for the position, is “Why should we hire you?”
Best Answer: The best way to respond is to give concrete examples of why your skills and accomplishments make you the best candidate for the job. Take a few moments to compare the job description with your abilities, as well as mentioning what you have accomplished in your other positions. Be positive and reiterate your interest in the company and the position.
22. What do you know about this company? – A typical job interview question, asked to find out how much company research you have conducted, is “What do you know about this company?” Prepare in advance, and in a word, research, so, you can provide relevant and current information about your prospective employer to the interviewer.
Best Answer: Start by researching the company online. Review the “About Us” section of the company web site. Google the company, read blogs that mention it, and check Discussion Boards and social networking sites. Use the information you have gathered to create a bulleted list of relevant information that you can easily remember during the interview. Taking the time to research will help you make a good impression with how much you know about the company. Thanks to: